It's done! The hard part anyway. I've finished the bumper, crib skirt and valance for the nursery. I still have a ways to go to get the room the way I want it. Honestly, I'm coming to terms with the fact that this room may never be the way I really want it. I can share a list but it will only send me into an anxiety attack. I will, however, share the projects that are in progress and very likely to be completed (especially now that I've made it public ~ determination): crib blanket, curtains, throw pillows and duvet cover.
You can get an idea of the overall bedding from this pic. As much as I love love love our crib, I also am holding a slight grudge....it hides my crib skirt.
The crib skirt is identical to the valance so here is a pic of spoken valance. It's not 100% in this pic but I won't reveal that until I get the curtains hung.
This is wa-ay off topic but I can't get over these stinkin' dinner rolls we were talking about at dinner. You can thank my mommy's group for this one :) I'll just go ahead and dedicate this to them!
Straight from the Sister Schubert's website:
Upside down Banana Pecan French Toast
- 2 packages Sister Schubert's Wheat Rolls with Honey Butter (I knew about the "beanie weenie" kind, but not HONEY BUTTER?!)
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 4 medium, ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Fresh sliced strawberries
Butter bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Slice rolls in half and set aside.
In mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup and mix until smooth. Spread mixture into an even layer in bottom of prepared baking dish. Slice bananas thinly and place over brown sugar mixture. Scatter pecans over bananas. Place sliced rolls atop and sprinkle with cinnamon.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and vanilla, and pour over rolls.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly, run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen sides and carefully invert pan onto a large platter or slice and serve.
Serve with warm maple syrup and sliced strawberries.





Oh my gosh! The bedding is ADORABLE!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing girlfriend!! Remember when we were sitting there just looking at our sewing machines like they were toxic!! Haha, so proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the bedding! You did an awesome job!
ReplyDeleteI make the bows. I bought the beanies. They looked so cute on Madelyn with the bows that I bought a few extra to sell with the bows in case someone else wanted one too.
Let me know what color bows you want and I will get them to you on Wednesday!
You did a fabulous job!! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteThank y'all so much. I put my heart and soul into this project, after all she's the only thing keeping me company on this whole house rest deal!
ReplyDeleteTara~ I LOVE that we lit fires under each other's hiney's to do this!
Kathryn~ How much do you charge? I think Rylan (the new baby) would like yellow or pink :)