I've put my dress project to the side. I'm too scared to touch it
without the supervision of my sewing teacher (who, by the way, I
absolutely adore). The ignorant, beginner sewer that I am bought super
stretchy jersey fabric...not very friendly for a wannabe seamstress.
Anyway, between class cancellations and my own personal issues
preventing me from getting to class, I haven't been able to touch the
dress in over a month.
But I'm not too sad! And that's because I've started my very first
bedding project! What possessed me to make my baby's bedding when I've
only completed 1sewing project ever?? I could have at least attempted to make the crib blanket before starting the bumper, but no. I'm impatient and what to see what I'm made of!
I'm super excited and so far have really enjoyed my time on this
project. Unfortunately, I'm only able to work on it in the evening,
once Drew's tending to his dreams. This could take a while, but here's
the start of my project.
I think about my dress a lot.
I'm not neglecting her. Just
postponing...
My workroom - you think this is messy? You should see the other side.
~The Fabric~
I'm not sure why I do this to myself, but here are some of the original fabrics I wanted. I wanted and couldn't have. Grrrrr.
So, if all goes well with this project, and you like what you see, come to me when you are expecting a boy and I'll then have a chance to use them!



You are doing an awesome job!! You bought the fabric from JoAnn's, right? Where did you find the other stuff? LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteThanks lady! I bought all that fabric at Joann's. The swatches of fabric that I wanted, but couldn't get, are Robert Kaufman. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a vendor in Tyler. These particular swatches haven't been released yet (May 1st) but you should check out http://www.fatquartershop.com/. You'll love, love it!
ReplyDelete