Rob likes to point out all the food "kicks" I take on, whether I'm pregnant or not. But, being pregnant definitely intensifies my weird eating habits. I find something I like and I'll eat it/drink it everyday until I eventually burn myself out. I didn't see the problem with this...I didn't even really understand why he's so fascinated in my temporary addictions.....
Until today. It hit me today while I was making my tower of french toast - something I've made every single day this week - that maybe this is a bit strange. It doesn't matter what kind of food/drink it is and when it's "supposed" to be ingested. For example, french toast piled inches high with nana's, strawberries and blueberries has been eaten at 9am, 11am, 4pm, and even 1130 pm this week. Bowls of cereal loaded with nana's, strawberries and blueberries have been eaten at least twice a day from 630am until midnight. Bagels....oooh bagels, and ONLY from Einsteins, have been eaten at least twice a week (usually more like 4) for well over 3 months now. I've recovered from the pickles wrapped in swiss cheese and roasted garlic coated steaks and moved on to more "normal" food. I've discovered it might be a bit strange that other than dinner, all I'm consuming is whatever my temporary "kick" is - absolutely no variety.
I wish this could be one of my daily eatings:
The Cake Jar! (How do you like that my dear techy friends!)
I've been on this mass french toast consumption kick since I was last in Katy, thanks to my father in law ~ he makes the best french toast for Drew (which I end up sneaking bites of). So, it's only natural that when it came time to contribute breakfast to our mommies group, I just made a variation of my french toast. I don't know what people thought, but I loved it! So enjoy this little recipe at the bottom, as its simple and yummy :)
On a side note ~ Had a great dr. appt. yesterday. Thankfully, nothing has changed on my status so I am able to continue my routine, an already very suffocating one, but it could be worse! And for the baby, well he's doing awesome! He already weighs almost 3lbs. Maybe this is why I'm getting so many obnoxious comments. Yes, people, I know I have a large belly. I'm pregnant. Here he is puckering his lips.
French bread (not exactly fresh), cubed
5 eggs
2.5 cups milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
lots of blueberries.
Mix all these together and pour over bread. Pour in a greased pan. Refridgerate overnight (8 hours).
Sprinkle some crushed pecans over the mixture. Combine brown sugar and butter and drizzle over
mixture. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Pull out and sprinkle blueberries on and bake 10 more minutes.
Waa-la!

No comments:
Post a Comment