Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Keeping Busy

Months can go by without your doorbell ringing, but bring a new baby home and the buzz never seems to stop buzzing! I remember making little last minute notes, usually out of post-it notes, to give a heads up to the neighbor, postman, etc. that the baby was sleeping. While I sit here and await Dillon's arrival, I think about little things I can do to make life a little less hectic when he finally arrives. 
 
When I painted Dillon's letters, Drew was very impressed. "Wow mom! That looks great!" He's my biggest fan :) He wanted his letters for his room, and when Nannie came she picked up the supply.
 


Summer Salad
You'll notice the cottage cheese. I know a lot of people don't care for this stuff, but trust me when I say it's an ingredient that's discrete! And a healthy one too!
  • 1 small container cottage cheese
  • 1 small container cool whip
  • 1 small package jello - strawberry or orange (do not prepare jello)
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1 can pineapple chunks
  • 1 can mandarin oranges
  • grapes (I have a little guy in the house so I quarter these)
Beat the cottage cheese until the curds (I'm not a fan of that word) are tiny tiny! Add the cool whip and mix until blended. Add the package of jello mix and all fruit. Mix well and refrigerate! Wha-laa.
You can eat it right away but it's better once it's set a little.





No comments:

Post a Comment