Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dillon Update

We had an appt. Monday and got some updates. I just needed a little time to settle my emotions before I wrote an update. First, let me note the upside to this, and it's huge --> We officially have a "term" baby!

I'm still (as of Monday) sitting at 2 cm dilated, almost fully effaced....Same place I was 3 weeks ago (which isn't unheard of for a normal pregnancy). But for over a week I've had contractions no more than 30 minutes apart, certain activity increases them to 10 minutes apart but those moments seem to be few and far between lately. I only count the ones that stop me in my tracks or wake me up from my much needed sleep since those are the ones that should help me dilate. Unfortunately, they aren't doing what they are supposed to!
I asked my Dr. if he thought the medicine had done to me what it does to many women....prevent me from going into full labor on my own.... "I've seen it happen. I just didn't think it would happen in your situation." He decided to schedule an induction date for July 12th. He assured me I could still go into labor on my own and he believes that will be the case. I'm not so positive though, and I'm not so happy! However, I'm leaving my feelings out of this post ;)

I've heard from the Dr. and read on the internet that this medicine has a reputation for preventing full on natural labor. It's hard for me to put myself in a situation from hearsay. Well just the other day we heard from one of Rob's acquaintance's that his wife (who just delivered a few weeks ago) experienced the same thing from the same med. And her need for the med was much more crucial than mine. She ended up laboring on her own 2 days before her induction date. Hearing a similar story from a real person and someone we know has somehow eased my mind. I absolutely do not regret taking it, I'm confident we would not have made it this far without it. I only pray that I go into labor on my very own!

If I do make it to July 12th, Robbie will never struggle with remembering birth dates....we'll all be on the 12th. December 12th, May 12th and July 12th!

No comments:

Post a Comment