Monday, June 14, 2010

Puddles and Bugs

I have to brag on a friend for a bit because I love (and look up to) her creativeness! 

A friend from sewing class recently opened up her Etsy shop Puddles and Bugs after discovering her niche - she is making the cutest baby booties. The first pair I saw her make were these adorable yellow girl booties, I was so impressed! The next pair she introduced are now, I believe, her signature pair. Named after her flirt of a toddler, the Judson resembles cowboy boots and who can resist a little guy in boots?!  After laying eyes on them I knew I had to have her create a pair for baby Dillon. Puddles and Bugs also makes super cute onesies, and many that can be purchased with matching booties.

I thought it would be fun to have her create some Texas Longhorn booties that Dillon could sport throughout the summer, so I picked up some burnt orange fabric along with football printed fabric. After the fact, I realized the print might be too large to fit on an infant's foot, but Angela proved me wrong! The placement of the print fabric shows just how creative this girl is. And for an added surprise, Angela made an additional pair (one's that will fit for football season!) with some extra touches - little football buttons AND Dillon's name!!! They are so special :)

Puddles and Bugs has a facebook page as well. If you have an upcoming baby shower to attend these sets make perfect gifts. Or, perhaps, you (?!) are expecting a little lovebug, check out Puddles and Bugs...prevent your babes from showing up to mother's day out wearing the (gasp) same outfit as another! Unique and nothing short of darling, I am definitely a fan!

I've mentioned my "love" for my camera's ability to do an excellent job at distorting colors. Nothing's changed so I just want to say that the color is a true burnt orange!



No comments:

Post a Comment