My latest project for the nursery was making new bedding for the Cali King. I LOVE Nate Berkus bedding but this particular set had to go - it was more than clashing with the nursery bedding. After weeks of dealing with online order exchanges and wait times for Nannie's return to Tyler, I finally had all fabric in my possession!
*** Nesting on bed rest is excruciating! ***
Because I'm such a nit-pick, I can't let go of the fabric I originally wanted. Does this sound familiar? I know, I know. I just want you to see what I had in mind at the beginning of this project. Of course, the fabric in the color I needed is non-existent. I wanted this in brown for the middle of the duvet.
Let me just add: This color (Ivory) is NEW! Oh I would have loved this color!
Back to the point of this post - the completed bed set.
Here it is in its final form. I'm afraid the lighting is distorting the colors just a little. That green truly is more a hunter green. It's the same green silk used on the crib bumper. The brown taffeta is looking a little gold-toned in the photo as well....it's actually chocolate. No gold's for this room ;)
Enjoy!
(I sure hope our guests will)
Somehow our nurseries always end up better looking than our own room. I wouldn't dare share pics!
When Robbie finishes the walls I'll take a final pic.
Latest craving:
(Aside from Villa Montez oversized burrito)
Spinach Mushroom Omelette
3 eggs
Fresh spinach leaves
Sliced mushrooms (I slice em thick)
Handful of diced onion
Cheese (I use a slice of Swiss or PepperJack)
Few slices of tomato
Saute spinach, mushrooms and onion with a dash of salt.
Beat eggs and pour over soft veggies.
I'm not attempting to give advice on how to actually cook the omelette. Mine are quite the joke.
Before folding the omelette, add your cheese to the middle.
Broil sliced tomatoes for a few minutes and place on top of folded omelette.



You are on a roll girlfriend! Looks fantastic!
ReplyDelete