Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grab and Go Breakfast

Once a week (at least!), I give the night to me, me, and me. We eat an easy meal (tonight happened to be stir-fry from the frozen section, which should be a post in itself), the kids doN'T bathe, bedtime routine starts at 6:30am (kidding) and they're doors are closed by 7:00. So long as everyone stays put, I'm free!
Since lil Will arrived, I've been spending the first part of my evening preparing "on-the-go" snacks that will hold up for a few days. These seem to be what I turn to several times a day lately, to get me through without passing out due to missing out on a meal. I had an inkling this would be my lifestyle for the first few weeks, so while preggers I turned to pinterest and created a "post-pregnancy" board of healthy snacks. Thanks to my mama, I had these nifty little mason jars stuffed with the goods sitting in my fridge for the first several days home from the hospital. I'm still making them 5 weeks later - they must be good! So, now I share:

To get started you'll need:




Standard for all flavors:
1/4 cup Quick oats
1/3 cup Milk (I rotate with Coconut or Almond)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt (Cabot is good)
1 1/2 tsp Chia Seeds


Now for the flavors (the ones I've tried):

Blueberry:
2 tsp maple syrup
1/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen, just run them under warm water)

Red Raspberry:
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup raspberries (I used frozen, just run them under warm water)


Assemble all your ingredients into mason jars, shake, store, and ENJOY!

***If you aren't familiar with Chia Seeds, I highly recommend reading up on them. I'm hooked for several reasons and we incorporate them into our daily diet around here.

2 comments:

  1. omg this is so brilliant! j has been taking chia seeds too. any brand you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on pinterest a while back - great idea! I'm also curious as to what brand of chia seeds you buy. I haven't tried any yet, but I want to!

    ReplyDelete