Friday, March 30, 2012

Sounds like it, but it's not...

I think I'll share a recipe! It sounds like a pregnant woman's creation in the midst of some majorly bizarre combination of cravings - but it's not...being that most preggies avoid fish. (I, however, will eat some here and there ;) ).
My mom and I love nothing more than a quality grocer to pick out some goods and an evening spent in the kitchen creating something tasty! While I'm still working on my "skills", my mother is the one who can recreate just about any dish from any restaurant, so long as she has experienced it herself. Here's the latest:

There's not a name for this, though I could put a term or two out there...

  • Pickles - sliced thick, big rounds, preferably on the spicy side. These can't just be any ole pickle - try some of your locally  jarred brands, they tend to be the best.
  • Horseradish - we used the cream style.
  • Smoked salmon lox - we used "smoked" and "smoked peppercorn"
  • Capers
Layer up in the order listed and wha-laa! This isn't for everyone...but it's definitely worth sharing for those who enjoy their fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment