Today is, also, the day the "For Sale" sign went up.
However, while our last 2 years in Tyler weren't exactly easy, I won't let that define our life here. We have been shaped into the family we are because of our experiences we've had here. We moved here (I, believing it was TAYLOR, TX - yea, the city that's basically IN Austin) right after we were married. Our whole married life (with the exception of a year) is in Tyler. Our babies were delivered in the same hospital that their Grandmother left this Earth from to go be with our Lord just years before. That right there is enough to leave an impact on us. This story of our move from Austin to Tyler is special and sacred; the importance of it will always be recognized in our family.
And let's not leave out the awesome fact that the boys were delivered by [shout out] the best doctor in town! Who later became our neighbor, and whose family became dear to ours.
These little babies have been able to grow up with their friends. They see each other, their parents, their grandparents when they are my errand-running side-kicks. They go to church together, school together, they play sports together. Yes, it sounds like a bubble. But it's the perfect bubble for my boys.
I spent, what I believe had to be, the toughest mom moments of my life in this town - surrounded by women who were experiencing the exact.same.thing. I promise you, I would be in the looney home if it weren't for them. I know, not outta the clear yet! Just pray I find some similar friends. Fast. With that said, it does make me sad that they will only know the day-to-day me as the mom to Andrew, Dillon and Will. But, because they are still by my side, knowing me as that - they are friends for life! As in handmade dolls sitting on my mantle, friends ;) ***You know who you are.
SO, yesterday I picked up my every-Monday-morning Stanley's chopped beef breakfast burrito and headed into the office for my last real, legit in-office day. By the way, my first meal after each baby delivery was Stanley's chopped beef. It was also the only place Rob and I would venture to on Friday evenings the first few months of living here.
Of course, there are other things I'll miss:
- The lady who laughs at EVERY.SINGLE.ITEM I'm purchasing at Walmart
- Legal U turns
- Physically seeing my co-workers
- Ms. Reese, Ms. Marie, Ms. Carmen, Ms. Shirley and Ms. Beth at GABC nursery (seven years they've been in my life!)
- Our early mornings at the races Ozarka sponsored
- The Honey Tree
- real snow (it's real to us Austin people)
- Summer at Hollytree
- Tony Cruz - XTC!
- The Brookshires staff - they are so good to my boys
- Rice Elementary - some of the best right here!
- The incredible number of caring, committed (and proud... had to pull a Joan Hallmark/KLTV) people here. They out number the self seeking and it has made an impact on us.
- The mentor moms that have been in my life
- Mark Scirto - wearing a Santa Suit atop a TFD truck at the Tyler Jaycees Parade; calling my phone with severe weather at 1am in the morning
- Seeking out friends in the BSCENE mag
- Our friends. As mentioned above, you people have been by our side through some pretty awkward times! Between being parents of infants (often sick infants) and 3 year olds, traveling jobs, and spiritual growth. We love you. You have been there for us in every which way and I wish I could remain a part of your day-to-day life and be there for you as you have me. There just aren't words to make you aware of our gratefulness.
So, now we cheers to one heck of a ride in Tyler and to new adventures in SA! We know not 1 soul in San Antonio, so this really is an experience of all "new's"! ( Except, we are members of Life Time Fitness again - wahoo! ) All prayers are appreciated!


No comments:
Post a Comment