Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Long Lost Friend





That would be my sewing machine. I'm surrounded by the work of my talented friends who, lately, have been introducing their new creations on what seems to be a daily basis. I get so excited and it always gives me the urge to get to work on my bazillion half-complete projects...but I'm always steered another direction! I have gotten back to cooking so I haven't been completely deprived of using my creative side. I do intend to post some recipes but I always like to have prepared the meal for extended family or friends before I share :)

Anyway, this weekend all 4 of us were welcomed with germs. I'm no good at being sick and - while I failed - was determined to ignore the ick feelings. I dusted off the old friend and got to work. I started off with some ribbon bows. I had never made these before but they are really easy and fun and the end result is so diverse. I ended up making a bunch more and will have a finished product soon to share.
I had purchased material to make a little girls dress but when I began prepping it hit me: WHY oh why do I keep focusing on girl stuff when I have two little boys?! Well, I know the answer to that - all the fabrics and embellishments that my eyes are drawn to just don't suit a boy. But I really would like to have made something for the boys and why not start now. I went and picked out some things and this is my first boy project:
The biggest part, the part I'm proud of, is the pant. Inspired by some little seersucker pants I decided to make a brown lined pant that can be rolled up (all the way up to shorts). They have elastic, I belted them, and they are long! My boys have both been termed "string bean" by their pedi, so here I am...sewing extra long pants that (hopefully) will wear well on my child. Confession: I haven't sewn the applique yet.
Can't wait to get back to more!

1 comment:

  1. so cute, danielley!! and congrats on getting back to creating - isn't it a great feeling??

    xo.ash

    ReplyDelete