If I think too much into it, I'd feel overly annoyed at that phrase - but, tis true! Home is where the heart is - even if that means a 2 bedroom hotel on the 5th floor with 2 adults, 3 boys and 1 lab. Oh, the stories this "home" has provided. And we're only 4 days in. As my mama says (about much of my life), I "should journal this."
Aside from the hotel - one word to sum up our time together in SA - LOVE!! In all of the house hunting, we have discovered all of the fun things to do in Stone Oak proper, but have also discovered so much more outside of our new "burb". (That is what a few people have termed our "area." I could do away with that term).
The last few times Rob and I were in San Antonio were to visit some of our besties while they were here for school. She filled me in on some of her fave spots - which brought the boys and I to O.P. Schnabel Park today. Let me just say, each day so far deserves a post - we've seen some awesome parks this week. But, this one tops it!
Before we even caught sight of the playground we saw deer. Deer just walking around like no big thing! We spent all morning here - playing on the playground, driving over to a private picnic spot with more deer, and "hiking" around the woods. I say hiking loosely - let's be serious. We headed back to the playground area for a bit longer, making this park outing hours longer than expected!
I knew this move was going to be an adventure and I am just so happy to say that it has been great so far. Spending time as a family and directly centered around these boys has been awesome. There have been nine million hiccups, but we're still smiling. We are on zero solid hours of sleep, but we catch the zzz's when we can. We are probably a sight to see, but we no longer care. The 5 of us together makes it "home" no matter where we are ;) And we are beyond happy with our new city and what is has to offer!

No comments:
Post a Comment