Thursday, December 12, 2013

A birthday getaway

Robbie had big plans in a getaway night for my 30th - but as the ice kept piling up I learned that every detail of the day/night he had planned was to be canceled. I, however, was simply loving his thoughtfulness and was soaking up the alone time i was getting with my guy! Our delayed start kept us snuggled up at home with some sweet little men but got us off just in time to make it to Dallas for some adult adventures;)
It was a winter wonderland of a drive - what you see on the news re: iced highways in this town is very real. 
We've never seen anything like this - 3-6" of compacted ice.
Walking is just as precarious as driving. We just happened to take some back roads through deep ellum and found ourselves at Robs first stop on his original checklist: All Good Cafe great breakfast and enjoyed skating from and back to our car.
Antique shopping was the plan for the day but everything was a) closed or b) we could not drive to. The ONLY let down I have about these closures is this:

Wisteria (epic bummer). I've waited since the spring to get to this store. I. could. Cry!

Aside from my wally world closure like experience, I genuinely was okay with our icy escape. We safely made it to Hilton Park Cities where we discovered something great - one block away, a little biz we like to frequent: Marshalls! And a mega Marshalls at that. Who needs antiques when you have mega-marshalls?!



We skated our way around Park Cities and were lucky ducks to find that the sushi restaurant was open.
We skated our way back to the hotel Grain bar for thick dark beer and champs

Rob refuses to take selfies - I snuck one ;) Did you know "selfy" is now in the dictionary?



No comments:

Post a Comment